Before we jump into the details…
Summary of our Privacy Practices
We collect your information and use it to make SSC better
Depending on how you choose to interact with our website and services (whether you’re a current SSC member, interested in becoming a member, just a curious visitor, or a potential business partner), we collect and use personal information from or about you to support our mission and members.
We collect this information in various ways, including information you decide to give us, information we collect by automated means, and information we collect from other sources.
“Secure” is in our name
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures designed to protect personal data against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Most importantly, we do not sell any personal information to third parties.
You control your experience
We believe everyone should have choices regarding their personal information. You’ll have access to review and fix any incorrect personal information and control over how much we communicate with you, among other choices.
If you have questions, contact us:
● Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
● Call us at 480-256-9013
● Write to us at
7114 E. Stetson Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
In a nutshell, you share some information and in return your experience of services on our Site will be personalized. Let’s dive in…
Information you provide to us:
● You create your account. When you do, you share your name, date of birth and contact information. We use this information to verify you’re a real person and not a robot as well as to get you signed up on our mailing list to share information about our services. No one likes to be spammed, so you can choose to opt out of our mailing lists by unsubscribing in the initial email we send, or you can contact us to unsubscribe.
● You may want to share feedback or contact us for help. The contact information you share lets us know how to reach you.
● You can choose to share your preferences, such as what interests you have, your account settings and your notification settings. We use your preferences to personalize what we send to you about our Site and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including surveys, newsletters, updates, or other communications.
● What you choose to share with SecureSeniorConnections or other members. You may choose to share different types of information. For example, this could include photos, anything you include in your profile, and messages you exchange with other members. We collect this information so that you can describe yourself and communicate with the community. We may also use this to understand more about you and to suggest other members, groups, activities, and content on the Site. We may also use this information to improve our services.
● You may choose to voluntarily take part in surveys. We use this information to help understand more about you and personalize what we send to you about our Site.
Information you share when using the Site:
● We use tools to understand how you interact with emails we send to you, including when you open our message and click on any links or banners it has. Remember, you can always opt out of receiving emails from us or choose which emails you wish to receive.
● Like many other websites, we use Website Technologies when anyone visits our site. These can get technical, so we'll do our best to explain them in simple terms:
Website Tracking Technologies: these include Cookies (small pieces of information sent to a computer’s hard drive while a website is viewed) and clear GIFs (a transparent graphic placed on our website to trace actions of visitors). Together, these tracking technologies gather information on how visitors interact with our Site and to make it easier to use our Site. These are used for a variety of purposes including: to save your username and password on your personal device, to understand how you interact with the Site, to provide enhanced functionality and personalization, and to make our Site better. We obtain consent for Cookies where required by law, and you can block or clear Cookies through your web browser settings.
Website and device-related information - We use technologies, such as, Google Analytics, to monitor how you interact with our Site. We collect information, including date/timestamp, your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) and unique identifiers that your mobile device shares when visiting our site. This may include which links you click on or the referring website. This technology allows us to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful, make our Site better, and keep our Site secure by detecting and preventing fraud.
Business Development and Partnerships. If you visit our corporate website, we may use tracking technologies to understand your interest in becoming a business partner, as well as display and serve you with relevant marketing content.
Information shared with us from third parties:
● Our services may be provided to you on behalf of your Sponsor. Your Sponsor may share information with SSC that is related to your participation with us. For example, we may receive information about you from the entity or organization sponsoring your membership on the Site to enable us to provide you with access to the Site or from our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties. This information may not be subject to the terms of this policy. For example, when your sponsor shares information about you (e.g. name, email), we may use that information subject to our agreement with the sponsor and their privacy practices in providing services.
● When you choose to provide information to one of our partners that we have co-branded a promotion with, they may share this information with us.
● It’s great to hear from you about our services or your needs. If you choose to take part, we may use survey or assessment tools to collect your responses. Those tools share your responses with us to personalize your experience on the Site or may be shared with your Sponsor.
We know that transparency of how your information may be used helps make us a trusted site. Sometimes the same piece of information, such as your email, may be used differently for different purposes. Information collected through the various means above may also be used:
● to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements
● to create new products and services or improve our existing products and services to conduct analytics; and for internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships
● to deliver confirmations, account information, notifications, and similar operational communications
● to fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us
You’re in charge and can take control of your personal information!
● Notice your phone number or email is incorrect on your account? You can correct your personal information directly within your account. Changing this information is quick and simple. Log into your account and go to your Account Settings to update or add the information, save your changes, and you’re all set!
● Feel like you are getting many notifications or emails? Update your notification preferences directly within your account or by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. Within your Account Settings, you’ll find plenty of options on when and how much you’re notified about the changes to our Site.
● Want to control things such as who can see your uploaded images, who can tag you in comments or who can send you a private chat? You decide what other Members can see about you. Manage your preferences within your account under Privacy Settings.
● Not interested in having promotional information sent to you via snail mail or text messaging? You can remove yourself from our snail mail lists by emailing us at email@example.com with “NO SNAIL MAIL”, or if you receive text messaging from us, you can opt out by responding “STOP” to any of those messages.
● Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
● You may choose to follow external links to third-party websites, such as links that other members share with you or resources we share from other organizations. Because these websites are operated by third parties, these websites and any services they offer, have their own privacy policies and practices. SSC has no control over the privacy practices of other websites, and we encourage our members to read the privacy policies applicable to such third-party websites.
● If you’re unhappy with our Site, you can delete your account.
We’ll be sorry to see you go, but if we’re not what you expected - you can delete your account with us by selecting “Delete My Account from SecureSeniorConnections” within your Account Settings.
Before you go, if you have questions check out our Help Center or want to share feedback with us, don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
● Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may disclose information to our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also disclose information to that company, including at the negotiation stage.
● Service providers. We use service providers that perform services on our behalf, including web-hosting companies, emailing vendors, survey administrators, and analytics providers. These service providers may collect and/or use your Personal Information to help us in achieving the purposes discussed above and enhance the Site’s features and functionality.
● Your Health/Wellness Sponsor. We disclose certain information, such as Site utilization and participation and assessment results, with the health and wellness sponsor (e.g. your health insurance company, your healthcare provider, or other) sponsoring your Site membership.
● Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to disclose your information to other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
● Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also disclose your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, or a violation of our terms of service, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party, or to comply with your request for the services by a third party, or to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
● Your direct sharing of Personal Information through the Site. The Site may enable you to share Personal Information with other members of the Site. For example, the Site may permit members to “like” or submit comments on articles, and connect, interact, or communicate with another member. If you choose to use these features, you may disclose your Personal Information not just to the Site, but also to other members.
● Aggregated information. From time to time, we may also disclose aggregated information about Site members, such as by publishing reports on trends in the usage of the Site or interest in the types of products or services featured on the Site.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we employ commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative procedures designed to safeguard the Personal Information we collect online. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site or to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your Personal Information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
The following additional information relates to SSC's privacy practices:
● Children. Content on this Site is directed at adults and is not directed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
● Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your Personal Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If required by law, upon request and after confirming your identity, we will grant you reasonable access to the Personal Information that we have about you.
Effective Date: February 18,2021
Last Revised Date: December 21, 2022
Copyright © 2022 SecureSeniorConnections, LLC. All rights reserved.